Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

A Plea for My Christian Brothers and Sisters in Iraq

It is saddening to think that thousands of Christians are suffering in Iraq at this very moment. I read in the news and blogs that Muslim extremist members of ISIS are doing terrible things to non-Muslim people.

ISIS militants drove away many Christians from their homes. Those who were captured were given the options of converting to Islam, pay the infidel tax, or die. According to Mark Arabo, a Chaldean-American leader, “children are being beheaded, mothers are being raped and killed, and fathers are being hung.”

Christians are not the only ones who were suffering. The Yazidis, an ethnic group whose religion were influeneced by Zoroastrianism, Islam, and Christianity, were trapped on a mountain. They don’t have food and water and they don’t want to descend because the ISIS militants will kill them. There were even reports of Yazidis throwing their children from the mountain because they don’t want them to suffer in the hands of the terrorists.

The image below shows a screengrab of Yazidi children who died of hunger and thirst on the Sinjar Mountain.

Victims of ISIS: dead Yazidi children
(Source: CNS News)

I was angered by these terrible news. How can this people do such demonic things?

I wanted to do something. I wanted to help these people but they’re just too far away.

So in the end, all I can do is to approach God and pray to Him for the sake of my brothers and sisters in faith.

If you had read this post, I ask you...NO...I beg you, please pray for them.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you, Ishmael. This is preposterous. I was beyond words when I first heard the news. Too heartbreaking. I've also written about this recent event. Let us all offer a prayer for both Christians and non Christians who are suffering from this barbaric act.

    http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2014/08/just-another-sunday-for-ordinary.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to disapprove comments that are spam, not relevant to the blog post, or were just made to make hurtful (trollish) remarks.